Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sidewalk Saturdays


On Saturdays I usually spend a good part of the day wandering around the city, running errands, and generally enjoying the randomness SF has in store for me. Over the past couple of months I started taking pictures of stenciled sidewalk graffiti. Now it's a growing obsession of mine to find new pieces of graffiti - or better versions of ones I already have.

So for now on Saturdays I thought I'd share a stencil, interesting graffiti, or possibly anything else interesting I encounter on my walks.


The monkey is one of my favorites! It's more detailed and interesting than a lot of the other ones I've come across. A lot of the stencils are words, or contain political/personal messages, so the ones that seem like random images often make me question what the intent of the artist was.

Both of today's pictures are old. I didn't find any new pieces today, but did see a dog wearing booties, and a bright pink VW Bug with Daisy wheels (San Francisco never fails to amaze me).

Hope you're having a good weekend as well.... Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment